Where can I find the source code of the app "Amazed"
William Zheng
2009-06-01 16:38:15 UTC
Hi All,

I downloaded the koolu's source code like this:

repo init -u git://git.koolu.org/freerunner/platform/manifest.git -b
koolu-1.0

repo sync

make TARGET_PRODUCT=freerunner

After all the steps completed, I cannot find the source code of the app
"Amazed" and the binary in the output folder. Why? And where can I find the
source code?
Alexander Shulgin
2009-06-01 19:26:58 UTC
On Mon, Jun 1, 2009 at 7:38 PM, William Zheng
Post by William Zheng
Hi All,
repo init -u git://git.koolu.org/freerunner/platform/manifest.git -b
koolu-1.0
       repo sync
make TARGET_PRODUCT=freerunner
You're such a lucky guy :) It only occurred to me a few times that I
could build koolu sources w/o a problem....
Post by William Zheng
After all the steps completed, I cannot find the source code of the app
“Amazed” and the binary in the output folder. Why? And where can I find the
source code?
Because it's a third-party program installed from .apk package
(through andappstore.com). The source code is here, I believe:
http://code.google.com/p/apps-for-android/source/browse/#

--
Cheers,
Alex
William Zheng
2009-06-01 20:15:20 UTC
Alex,
Thank you very much.
But I can find the app Amazed installed in koolu beta7. So I think the app Amazed should be included in the source codes of koolu. If the app Amazed is not included in the source codes of koolu, why is Amazed installed in koolu beta7?
The second question:
Is koolu beta7 the output binary after I compiled the source codes downloaded from git.koolu.org?

William Zheng
2009-06-02 12:29:49 UTC
Hi Alex,
If the source code of Amazed is not included in the git.koolu.org, why does the app Amazed appear in the koolu beta7?

Alex
Alexander Shulgin
2009-06-02 13:14:25 UTC
On Tue, Jun 2, 2009 at 3:29 PM, William Zheng
Post by William Zheng
Hi Alex,
       If the source code of Amazed is not included in the git.koolu.org, why does the app Amazed appear in the koolu beta7?
Because they pre-packaged it on beta7 installation uSD image, don't you think?

Alex
William Zheng
2009-06-02 13:39:40 UTC
Hi Alex,
Oh..I see... How can I build the beta7 installation uSD image? After I built the source code downloaded, I found a lot of binary files in the out folder. How can I get a zip file same as the one on the koolu's release webpage?

Alexander Shulgin
2009-06-02 13:44:04 UTC
On Tue, Jun 2, 2009 at 4:39 PM, William Zheng
Post by William Zheng
Hi Alex,
Oh..I see... How can I build the beta7 installation uSD image? After I built the source code downloaded, I found a lot of binary files in the out folder. How can I get a zip file same as the one on the koolu's release webpage?
I don't really know, but guess that replacing kernel.img & system.img
with your freshly built versions (uImage.bin & rootfs.jffs or whatever
the names are) should be OK. What to do with userdata file -- let's
more competent people tell us. ;)

Alex
Brian Code
2009-06-02 20:00:46 UTC
The userdata.img is just a regular .tar file that you can decompress.
It contains the .apks included in the release.

It is that image that has customizations for the releases moving
forward as we include software from other third-party software houses.

Regards,
Brian Code
limx 5886
2009-06-03 01:19:43 UTC
i have the similar question, i try the following steps:
repo init -u git://git.koolu.org/freerunner/platform/manifest.git -b
releases
repo sync
make TARGET_PRODUCT=freerunner
TARGET_TOOLS_PREFIX=/opt/android-toolchain/bin/armv4t-android-eabi-

i got some .img files under ./out/target/product :
kernel.img/ramdisk.img/system.img/userdata.img
but uImage
under ./out/target/product/freerunner/obj/KERNEL/arch/arm/boot/

i replace those .img(uImage should rename to uImage.bin and so on) files
under SD card, install from SD will failed and stop at
the screen 'Koolu'

i think the uImage maybe inapplicable, so i:
mkdir koolu-installer
cd koolu-installer
repo init -u git://git.koolu.org/freerunner/platform/manifest.git -b
installer
repo sync
make

then qi.img and uImage.img will create under koolu-intall, and replace
them with the corresponding files on SD card.

install will be ok
Alexander Shulgin
2009-06-03 06:54:03 UTC
The userdata.img is just a regular .tar file that you can decompress. It
contains the .apks included in the release.
It is that image that has customizations for the releases moving forward as
we include software from other third-party software houses.
Oh, thanks for this information. Adding a short README to the next SD
archives won't hurt anyone, though. :)

Alex
William Zheng
2009-06-05 03:09:42 UTC
Hi Brian,
I have two questions:
1). Where is the toolchain binary after make is completed? Is it in
prebuilt folder?
2). I want to build a koolu beta7 image. How should I do? The
userdata.img I buit has no customizations...

Marcelo
2009-06-05 15:33:46 UTC
       1). Where is the toolchain binary after make is
completed? Is it in prebuilt folder?
prebuilt/linux-x86/toolchain/armv4t-android-eabi-4.2.1/
       2). I want to build a koolu beta7 image. How should I
do? The userdata.img I buit has no customizations...
For now:

* please apply the attached patch in vendor/neo/freerunner
* create a data/app directory there
* unpack the file userdata.img (tar xf userdata.img)
* copy the contents of the resulting "app" directory to
vendor/neo/freerunner/data/app
* remove vendor/neo/freerunner/data/app/ApiDemos.apk
* Type make

You should have a out/target/product/freerunner/userdata.img
file with the same contents of the released one. The apk files
were downloaded from different websites, you can remove or add
as much as you want. In fact, you can just open the
userdata.img file, and put whatever .apk files you wish to
preinstall in there and remove the ones you don't want. That
file does not contain magic.

Marcelo
Brian Code
2009-06-05 16:54:37 UTC
Hi William,

To answer your questions:
1) The toolchain binary is prebuilt (and is not part of the make
process). It is in the prebuilt/linux-x86 / toolchain / armv4t-android-
eabi-4.2.1 /

2) Provided you have all of the supporting packages installed
(currently we use Ubuntu as the Linux platform see http://source.android.com/download#TOC-Setting-up-your-machine
) it should build with:
make TARGET_PRODUCT=freerunner

As for the userdata.img, you can place your various files and .apks in
out/target/product/freerunner/data then create a tar archive from that
directory.

Regards,
Brian Code
Post by William Zheng
Hi Brian,
1). Where is the toolchain binary after make is completed? Is it in
prebuilt folder?
2). I want to build a koolu beta7 image. How should I do? The
userdata.img I buit has no customizations...
-----ÓÊŒþÔ­Œþ-----
·¢ËÍʱŒä: 2009Äê6ÔÂ3ÈÕ 4:01
ÊÕŒþÈË: Android on Freerunner Development
Ö÷Ìâ: Re: [android-freerunner] Where can I find the source code of
the app
"Amazed"
William Zheng
2009-06-05 17:32:36 UTC
Hi Brian£¬

Thanks for your answer.

Is there any patch or any script to automatically download all the
customized apps(such as the app Amazed)¡¯s source code and build them and
pack them into userdata.img? How did you customize the userdata.img? Did you
manually download the Amazed¡¯s source code and build it and pack all the
customized apks into userdata.img?

·¢ŒþÈË: android-freerunner-bounces-z5hGa2qSFaR5DTrWp3Gv29i2O/***@public.gmane.org
[mailto:android-freerunner-bounces-z5hGa2qSFaR5DTrWp3Gv29i2O/***@public.gmane.org] Žú±í Brian Code
·¢ËÍʱŒä: 2009Äê6ÔÂ6ÈÕ 0:55
ÊÕŒþÈË: Android on Freerunner Development
Ö÷Ìâ: Re: [android-freerunner] Where can I find the source code of the app
"Amazed"

Hi William,

To answer your questions:

1) The toolchain binary is prebuilt (and is not part of the make process).
It is in the prebuilt/
<http://git.koolu.org/?p=platform/prebuilt.git;a=tree;f=linux-x86;hb=93800bb
60e18112850e3272193d790d5494b7ec0> linux-x86 /
<http://git.koolu.org/?p=platform/prebuilt.git;a=tree;f=linux-x86/toolchain;
hb=93800bb60e18112850e3272193d790d5494b7ec0> toolchain / <http://git.koolu.
org/?p=platform/prebuilt.git;a=tree;f=linux-x86/toolchain/armv4t-android-eab
i-4.2.1;hb=93800bb60e18112850e3272193d790d5494b7ec0>

Brian Code
2009-06-05 17:41:16 UTC
Hi William,

There is no automatic script that I used. I just downloaded the
binary .apks and placed them in there. I did not compile any of

Post by William Zheng
Hi Brian£¬
Thanks for your answer.
Is there any patch or any script to automatically download
all the customized apps(such as the app Amazed)¡¯s source code and
build them and pack them into userdata.img? How did you customize
the userdata.img? Did you manually download the Amazed¡¯s source code
and build it and pack all the customized apks into userdata.img?
org] Žú±í Brian Code
·¢ËÍʱŒä: 2009Äê6ÔÂ6ÈÕ 0:55